How do you increase testosterone in one’s body?
To increase testosterone levels you can do the following things:
- In the gym, work on larger muscle groups such as your back, chest and legs rather than the smaller muscle groups like the triceps and biceps. Although the effort may seem the same to exercises may involve the same amount of effort, exercising the larger muscles will increase testosterone. Also, don’t exercise the same muscles two days in a row using weights or they will suffer from over-stress.
- It has been found that eating monounsaturated fats – such as those which are found in nuts, canola oil, olive oil and peanut butter – helps you to increase your testosterone levels
- Many people who wish to lose weight tend to do the highest number of reps possible with lower weights. But those people who wish to boost their testosterone are advised to do at least 85% of the highest weight that they could manage for one repetition and do that at least 5 times.
- In order to produce testosterone you actually need to make sure that your diet includes some fat. To increase your testosterone levels, you need at least 30% dietary fat for your body, and you shouldn’t eat much less.
- You need to know that during the day your testosterone levels move in step with your circadian rhythm, which means that it can spike upwards and plummet downwards as the day goes on. As far as your life is concerned, your testosterone levels will follow a trajectory which is more predictable, in that it hits a high during adolescence and then falls gradually over your life until you get to the Menopause or the Andropause, after which many people will look at testosterone therapy which becomes one of the only ways to increase testosterone levels.
To sum up, there is no short answer to what will increase testosterone levels, and whilst there are tips on natural ways to do it involving exercise and diet for example, for some people there is only the option of testosterone therapy, which is what this site is about.